Welcome! At Casco Bay Smiles, we’re so excited about opening our brand new office and getting to know everyone in the community. Our goal is to provide exceptional dental care in a comfortable environment and build long-term relationships with our patients that are built on trust. For our first blog, you’ll learn about our philosophy of care and what makes us different, as well as the services and technology we offer. But be sure to check back in each month as we’ll be writing on a variety of oral health topics. We look forward to being your dentist in Falmouth and serving your dental needs for many years to come!
What Kind of Services Do We Offer?
As a patient here, you won’t have to worry about going to multiple offices to accommodate all your oral healthcare needs. We provide comprehensive care to everyone in the family, including:
- Checkups and cleanings
- An oral cancer screening at every checkup
- Children’s dentistry, including fluoride treatments, sealants, and athletic guards
- Dental implants
- Cosmetic dentistry such as gum recontouring, whitening, and porcelain veneers
- Invisalign clear braces
- Digital Smile Design so you can see what your smile will look like before treatment begins
- Emergency care
- TMJ and sleep apnea treatment
- Gum therapy and periodontal care
- Fillings and root canals
- Dental crowns, bridges and dentures
- Wisdom teeth extractions
What Makes Us Different?
Many people think of dental work as a chore, but we’ve set out to change that. We want your dental experience to feel like a visit to the spa, so we offer multiple amenities to make your treatment stress-free and comfortable.
Eye pillows, warm neck wraps, aromatherapy patches, paraffin hand treatments, and Bose headphones are just some of the things you can choose from to leave your appointment feeling incredibly relaxed and taken care of.
And since we know that patients want old-fashioned personal attention combined with the latest technology, here are a few of the things we’ve invested in to make your dental care more efficient, effective and comfortable:
- Early Cavity Detection – Sometimes cavities are so small that they don’t even show up on X-rays. This tool allows us to detect them at this stage when they’re easier and less expensive to treat.
- 3D Imaging – Particularly for procedures such as dental implants in Falmouth, a 3D image of your oral cavity and jaws helps us be as accurate and precise as possible.
- Intraoral Camera – This tiny camera takes up-close photographs of your teeth so you can see the same thing we do.
- Soft Tissue Laser – With a soft-tissue laser, treatment is so comfortable that, oftentimes, local anesthesia isn’t even necessary. Not to mention that you’ll have less bleeding, less discomfort and faster healing.
- Digital Impressions – Traditional impressions are messy and uncomfortable. Digital impressions are much faster, easier, and more accurate.
Our entire team will be working hard each day to make sure you enjoy your visits with us – from start to finish. After all, when you smile, we smile too!
About the Author
Dr. Robert McVety is a general, restorative and cosmetic dentist in Falmouth who is committed to providing his community with outstanding dental care. He and his staff have set out to make high-quality dental care comfortable and relaxing, and always deliver personalized, one-on-one attention to every patient. If you have any additional questions or would like to schedule an appointment, he can be reached via his website or at (207) 517-7008.